Thursday, January 3, 2008

Books Read in 2007

Yes, I know I've had this list along the sidelines for the past year, but now that it's 2008, I figured I should probably change it. I tried to do the whole blogroll thing, but it didn't exactly work, so I figured this would be better than nothing.

January
Among the Free-Margaret Peterson Haddix
Gossip Girl-Cecily von Ziegesar
The Secret Life of Becky Miller-Sharon Hinck
Queen Esther and the 2nd Graders of Doom-Alie Pleiter
Mistaken for the Mob-Ginny Aiken
Mixed Up with the Mob-Ginny Aiken
Blowing My Cover: My Life as a CIA Spy and Other Misadventures-Lindsay Moran
Eyes of Elisha-Brandilyn Collins

February
Scoop-Rene Gutteridge
The Cubicle Next Door-Siri L. Mitchell
Bound with Love-a group of authors
Impulse-Ellen Hopkins

March
GG: You Know You Love Me-Cecily von Ziegesar
GG: All I Want Is Everything- " "
GG: Because I'm Worth It- " "
GG: I Like It Like That- " "
GG: You're the One that I Want- " "
GG: Nobody Does It Better- " "
GG: Nothing Can Keep Us Together- " "
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers- Louise Rennison
Doing It- Melvin Burgess
Startled By His Furry Shorts-Louise Rennison

April
Sleeping with Beauty-Donna Kauffman
Seaside-Terri Blackstock
The Glass Cafe or, The Stripper and the State; How My Mother Started a War with the System that Kind of Made Us Rich and a Little Bit Famous-Gary Paulsen
GG: Only in Your Dreams-Cecily von Ziegesar
GG: Would I Lie To You- " "
Missing Abby-Lee Weatherly
The Haunting-Hope Tarr
Queen of Babble-Meg Cabot
Welcome to Wahoo-Dennis and Elise Carr
A Woman with Secrets-Inglath Cooper
Bamboo and Lace-Lori Wick
Pretense-Lori Wick

May
SAHM I Am-Meredith Efken
@ Home for the Holidays-Meredith Efken
Married to the Mob-Ginny Aiken
Last Part First-Angela Johnson
If the Shoe Fits-Marilynn Griffith
Enemy Mine-Kay Hooper
Shooter (audio book)-Walter Dean Myers
The NaNny Diaries- Emma Laughlin and Nicola Kraus

June
Less Than Frank-Lynn Bulock
Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports-James Patterson
Freefall-Kristen Heitzmann
The Sisterhood of the Queen Mamas-Annie Jones
The Crystal Cavern-Hannah Alexander
Wicked-Shannon Drake
Spanish Disco-Erica Orloff
Apocalipstick-Sue Margolis
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress-Tina Ferraro
Anatomy of a Boyfriend-Daria Snadowsky
Tantalize-Cynthia Leitich Smith

July
The Price-Kathi Mills Macias
Blue Bloods-Melissa De La Cruz
Blue Bloods: Masquerade-Melissa De La Cruz
100 Strokes of the Brush Before Bed-Melissa P.
Midnight Sea-Colleen Coble
Fair Game-Elizabeth White
Bang!-Sharon G. Flake
Demon Angel-Meljean Brook
Demon Moon-Meljean Brook
The 6th Target-James Patterson
The Copper Scroll-Joel C. Rosenberg
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-J.K. Rowling
Love Is A Many Trousered Thing-Louise Rennison

August
Alaska Twilight-Collen Coble
Kingdom Come-Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
Eclipse-Stephenie Meyer
The Bachelor Club-Rhonda Gibson, Bev Huston, Janet Spaeth, and Kathleen Y'Barbo
Sushi for One?-Camy Tang
Bad Idea-Todd and Jedd Hafer
Prom Nights from Hell-Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stehpenie Meyer, and Lauren Myracle
Perfecting Kate-Tamara Leigh

September
Murder by Mushroom-Virginia Smith
GG: Don't You Forget About Me-Cecily von Ziegesar
C.J.'s Fate-Kay Hooper
A Stitch In Time-Allison Bottke
Dear Baby Girl-Jane Orcutt
Violet Dawn-Brandilyn Collins
Coral Moon-Brandilyn Collins

October
Just Listen-Sarah Dessen
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie-David Lubar
To Love Again-Bonnie K. Winn
Sold-Patricia McCormick
Crossing the Wire-Will Hobbs
The Trophy Wives Club-Kirstin Billerbeck
Black and White-Paul Volponi
Hollywood Nobody-Lisa Samson
Demon: A Memoir-Tosca Lee
The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch-Joseph Delaney

November
Hit the Road-Caroline B. Cooney
Runner-Carl Deuker
13 Little Blue Envelopes-Maureen Johnson
Rash-Pete Hautman
Becoming Chloe-Catherine Ryan Hyde
The Glass Castle-Jeannette Walls
If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?-Melissa Kantor

December
Copper Sun-Sharon Drake
Uglies-Scott Westerfeld
Abandoned Identity-Tamara Tilley

Looking back at my list, I fund some interesting habits and patterns in my reading. For instance, you can tell when I have a lot of things happening in my life because I didn't read as much as I normally would. Also, I tend to lean more towards mystery and chic lit with some romance thrown in. The young adult books that I read are mainly for work rather than for my own enjoyment, which is pretty sad since I used to enjoy them more. Does this mean I'm growing up?


Records for the year:
Read: 100 books
Listened: 1 audio book
Watched: 57 movies
Lost: 10 pounds (although I probably gained them all back over the last few weeks)
Blogged: 87 times

1 comment:

mad4books said...

So pick your VERY FAVORITE from the 100 books of 2007...and then post it on MY blog.

:-)