Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is the 1st Birthday of Misadventures of the Dynamic Uno! It's hard to believe that it's really been a year since I've started blogging, but yesterday was the infamous Gasparilla parade, and I blogged a bit about that after finding my pirate name last year. Thank you to everyone who has checked in every now and then to see what "misadventures" I've been up to lately. I've looked at the stats for the blog and found readers from all over the world--which is completely surprising to me. After all, I'd love to travel the world, and to see that people from those various areas are actually "reading in" is pretty cool. I hope this next year is even better for you--especially with all of the changes that are happening in my life at the moment. (More to come on those in later posts.)
As I'm sure I've mentioned before...I LOVE my new job location! The people are SO nice and wonderful to work with--even the grouchy ones. I HATE the drive though and can't wait until I move closer to work. Right now my routine is to get up at 4 am and I have to leave the house a little before 6 am so that I can be at work (hopefully) by 7 am. Then, I leave work around 3:30 pm or 4 pm and get home around 5:30 pm or 6 pm. Needless to say--I'm a walking zombie right now. I keep telling my self that I only have to deal with this horrible drive for another4 weeks or so until I move, but I think I'm going to have to figure out something else before I keel over, 'cause we ALL know that I am NOT a morning person! Thank goodness for Vanilla Coke being put back into the 20 oz. bottles again! (Not so good for my hips, but great for the caffeine factor!)


Friday I actually had a Girls' Night Out with my neighbor Maggie, and my friend Dawn and her sister Robyn. We went to the local Mom and Pop pizza joint and stuffed our faces. (Okay, so I'm the one that actually stuffed my face--hence the 2 pounds I gained this weekend--but it was SO good!) I had been craving gooey cheese foe the entire week, so I convinced them to come with me. I ate so much I was sick to my stomach, but it was completely worth it! It was fun to get out with the girls and laugh our heads off over "stupid stuff" and oogle the cute (single) guys around us! We ALL still think our mailman is HOTT and I'm trying REALLY hard to get a picture of him before I move! Maybe then I'll even get a phone number....hmmmm..I could be on to something here! Anyway, there's a bet going on to see who will get to him first. I think Maggie's going to win because she's home during the day, and well, I order a lot of stuff online, so she can just open the door and accept the package for me, as she has so graciously volunteered to do. Oh boy, is all I can say! :)




Today I attended church via online broadcast (I LOVE technology!) and now I have to get ready to meet my family at Outback (gee, what a horrible thing to have to do) so that we can celebrate my grandparents' birthdays which happened earlier this month. Getting together with family is always interesting, so this should be really fun. :)
My aunt called me yesterday and said that she upgraded her cell phone and now has bluetooth technology. Hello? My aunt?! My grandmother also has a beautiful lavender phone which is so much better than mine. I am SO jealous! How come I can never come across these deals when it's time for me to upgrade? I always end up paying through the nose and end up with a jerk of a salesman. The killer is that we're with the same company. Grrrrr.... Oh well, at least they'll be able to keep in touch more and won't have an excuse otherwise. Hee hee!

Have a wonderful week! I know I will...once I get over my driving lag.




3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! I enjoy your posts and am so glad you are a part of the blogging community.

mad4books said...

AMEN! Happy, happy blog birthday!

(Oh, and when I come to Florida, you are SO taking me to that pizza joint...that looked so delicious! One of the *few* things I don't like about West Texas is the scarcity of really good pizza...)

The Dynamic Uno said...

Thanks you two!! Who would have thought that I would take up blogging? I'm a pen and paper type of girl.

mad4books--I keep telling you to come on over--there's just about everything you want to do here and the weather is just fine! You can even practice "shooting" up at the farm. We have a target range there. :)