Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Yep--only this week, I'm off of work! (Yippee!) Okay, so I'm supposed to be paying homage to the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., however, I spent the day goofing off, just because. :) It's also my grandma's birthday--although we'll probably celebrate this coming weekend since this month has just flown by. That way we can celebrate my grandpa's birthday (which was at the beginning of the month) too. Happy Birthday Nanny!!!


I have only spent two days at my new work location and I LOVE my job again! It's like sunshine and roses--which is quite a difference from the other place. I feel bad for the two women I'm working with because I'm more like a deer caught in headlights right now rather than an actual contributing member of our team. However, I'm giving my self another week to acclimate before I buckle down and get some things truly accomplished. After all, this school is double the size of my other school, AND I actually get to be a librarian rather than a secretary because..we actually have a secretary!!!! As I said, sunshine and roses....


Congratulations to TK and Rachel--this season's winners of The Amazing Race. I must admit, I was liked all three teams in the top three, so I would have been happy either way. (Although Don's grandson is a JERK.) I kind of wished the father/daughter team (Ron and Christina) would have won because they were so close, but TK and Rachel didn't lose their cool during the entire race and it paid off in the end--literally! I just wish I could get a video done to send in for an audition, but I have a sneakin' suspicion that the show may stop relatively soon--mainly because the audience is dwindling. That would be a bummer, because I really don't want to audition for Survivor.



Okay--you HAVE TO see the movie The Bucket List!!!! I went with my friend Maggie this morning and the movie is awesome! (The language leaves a lot to be desired, but it's typical Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.) I wish I had brought my quote notebook along with me because there were so many poignant lines that I would have loved to write them down. Definitely take some tissues though--there wasn't a dry eye in the house--and that includes the men! Wonderful movie!!! I may even have to add to my bucket list--especially after watching the movie. The main point the movie was trying to make is that you should live every day to the fullest because you never know when it's going to be your last. Don't sit on the sidelines of life--jump in with both feet and have an adventure every day rather than waiting for the special moments.


In other news, I'm moving...yes, again. I have about a month to get things ready, which is tons of time! Hopefully I'll be able to move things a little bit at a time rather than all at once--less stress that way--but, we'll see.


I have to get things ready to go for tomorrow--I'm driving a lot farther now (until I move) so I have to make sure I have everything ready to go because 6 am is when I head out for work, and we all know I am NOT a morning person! :)

2 comments:

mad4books said...

What an adorable picture! Your niece AND Nanny both look huggable.

Congrats on the new position! Hope it stays sunshine and roses for many years to come...

Your pal in Texas, where we prefer high cotton to roses,
Kristy

The Dynamic Uno said...

THANKS! Both are very huggable! The new position will--despite the fact that my coworker wants me to go out for National Board next year. YUCK!