Tuesday, August 25, 2009

They're Baaaa--aaack...

The first day of school has finally arrived and ready or not, here they come. Over the past week I feel like I've been pulled in a million different directions trying to get things ready for the kids. I have yet to really get "my" things done in the library, and now the kids will be demanding to use my classroom and it's not set up for them yet. I hate this feeling of starting off behind. I feel like I'm having a panic attack just typing this because I know that time's up. Please pray for all of the teachers and our students today. We have a brand new population joining our regular students because of boundary changes, and these students are not very happy about having to go to a new school...if you catch my drift. Please pray for a smooth opening and no traffic issues. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

We've had this happen at our School a few years back. All went well, but the kids that year and the next weren't too happy. I think those kids did loose out on a couple of good years. Not only did they have to change 'their' middle school, but they also had to go to the 'rival' HS! It took a few years before they felt they belong. But we still see shirts belonging to the other HS...those kids haven't gotten over it yet. So sad for the kids.
But schools closed and boundaries changed...now they are putting all those other HS into town, Tech, Medical a.s.o. that will help with the rivalry as they are all crossing over into new territory. But the damage has been done to some kids.

mad4books said...

Hey, how are you feeling? Read that you took a tumble at school because of some high heels?

Post some pics of those pretty purple bruises on the blog! You can even make up a great story about a bar brawl, if you want!

The Dynamic Uno said...

I would post the bruises, but my camera hasn't been working lately. Dad did send money to put towards a new one, but I haven't had a chance to go looking yet.

mad4books said...

Hey, umm...aren't you the librarian? I check out the school's cameras all the time!

(Oh, that reminds me...now that I've photographed all the flowers I got in the hospital, I need to return the camera I borrowed!)

Madison even bought one of the new Flip video cameras after Mary Margaret brought one to a spring librarians' meeting. It's a HIT! A little too easy to steal, but everything's going so TINY these days...

The Dynamic Uno said...

You're assuming that I actually have cameras to check out. I'm in Florida and the DOE and Hillsborough County don't believe in funding libraries. After all, we only check out books, right? (Said with LOTS of sarcasm.)

I did buy a flip camera so that I could document kids while in the library.