Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Anxiety over letting go and moving on...



Melancholy. A little strange yes, but that is exactly how I'm feeling at this moment.


I feel anxious too. After all, I still have things on my "To Do" list for 2009 that have NOT been crossed off yet. How on earth am I supposed to get it all accomplished in a measly 24 hours? Even if I didn't sleep, I still don't think I would be able to accomplish all I had hoped to do by the end of the year.


Even my "cleaning" chores are adding to my anxiety. It's not like I had planned to scrub the place from top to bottom, but I would like to ring in the new year feeling less cramped in my place.


Part of my problem is that I don't like to leave things undone. A strange comment for a procrastinator such as myself, and yet, when it comes down to the wire, I can usually pull things through and complete them on time. Even if it's a self-imposed deadline. I really hope I don't bring this "stress" into the new year, but I'm afraid that's what is going to happen.


Are there any goals/projects/deadlines that you still need to accomplish this year?

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Nope, ran out of time...but I promise you they still will be there next year! How fun to say is this when "Next Yeat" is tomorrow!
Look at the bright side! Where those things so important that they had to be done? (Then they would've been done). Are you going to remember them in 5 years? I don't think so...anyone else who is going to be hurt by you not doing them...again the answer is probably going to be NO...so, just throw the list away 1 minute before New Years! Burn it! You'll feel so much happier and can start a new one next year...no until the 2nd though! :-) Hope that helps...now go and celebrate :0
Have a very Happy New Year!