Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Has Arrived!



Welcome to Book Blogger Appreciation Week!

Thank you to Estella Society for hosting this awesome event!  It's the first time I've attempted participation in something like this, so hopefully you, the reader, has as much fun reading my posts as I am posting them.

For our first day, I'm supposed to introduce myself by telling you about five books that represent me as a person, or my interests/lifestyle.

In no particular order, here are my five:



After teaching in the public school system for 17 years, I decided to take the leap from school librarian to public librarian.  It has been the scariest, but best move I have made for myself in a long time.  My health is improving and I'm learning more than I ever thought I could.  Every time I see this title, it reminds me that I have nothing to fear as long as God is in my corner.

Sleeping Beauty: Diamond Edition [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]

Yes, I know I'm cheating a bit here because this is the movie and not the original book, but I'm a Disney fanatic and I LOVE to sleep.  Therefore, it's only appropriate that I use this version for one of my five titles because it perfectly describes me.  Yes, it's a bit much to call myself a beauty--especially when I'm sleeping, but as long as no one decides to wake me up, I'm more beautiful in sleep because I'm relaxed and not worried about life in general.  Plus--Disney.  Enough said.


I'm a romantic at heart.  I want everyone to be happy and have the love of their lives, even if it didn't really work out for me the first time.  (I still have hope though... after all, fairy tales are based on some fact, right?  I mean, Disney.)  I love watching romantic comedies and I enjoy reading them too.  I'm not a fan of the smutty "romances" because I'd rather read about the friendship turned relationship than what should be happening after they're married.  I love Valentine's Day and chocolates and roes and all of that mushy stuff.  I still get butterflies when I read, hear, or watch two people fall in love and giggle like a school girl when it happens.  Yes, I'm all for the romance.


I'm a cat lover and I'm a librarian.  That pretty much sums it all up.  I've been trying to talk our system into allowing library cats, but since so many people are "allergic" to them, we can't have that liability.  Party poopers.  Regardless, I love my little girl (cat), Madison, and don't want to imagine life without her.  Her crazy antics make me smile-especially when I've had a rough day.


It's no secret that I'm a Christian.  Don't roll your eyes--no one is perfect except for God, but I seek His guidance to help me live more like Him.  I fail miserably most days, but I do try to live out His words through my actions.  If you don't know Him, God's a great listener and speaks with a soft voice (most of the time).  He's becoming one of my best friends and I can't wait to hear about all of the special things He has planned for me.  I just have to be obedient--something I have a hard time with, but I'm getting better.  God wants the best for me, so I try to listen and respond-even when I don't feel like it.  I especially like this version by Joyce Meyer because she's put practical applications throughout the Bible so that I can apply the principles that God is trying to teach me to my life.  If you don't know Him, but would like to, let me know.  I'd like to introduce you to my friend!


I think that's enough about me.  Hit me up in the comments section and tell me about yourself.  What books define/characterize you?







No comments: