Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Really Not Dead...

although I certainly feel that way right now.  This summer has been quite a whirlwind with no relief in sight--although if Hurricane Irene heads my way I may get some time off since I probably won't have power to do anything but sleep.  Hmmm...maybe I should invest in a flashlight so I can read too. (Home Depot, I'm headed in your direction!)

I promise to update you soon on all of my summer shenanigans (work) so you know why I've been absent for so long.  Just know that the children invade tomorrow and I have to be up before the birds so I can get there before the crazed parents of the underclassmen and the reigning seniors arrive. 

Fun times, let me tell you.  My classroom (the library) is in no shape to actually let people see it, but because there's a classroom located within my classroom, the students will be traipsing in for their classes.  Yippee.  They'll just have to deal with the mess because I keep getting pulled to do "other" things around the school which means I look like the bride of Frankenstein from running my fingers through my hair in worry.

Oh well, the only good thing is that it's my birthday and I'm giving myself permission to stop off and pick up something yummy for dinner so I don't have to cook.  I'm debating between Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill, so we'll see how the day goes as to how much bread I want to consume.  After all, you can never go wrong with bread, cheese, or chocolate, and since there's garlic involved, I'm so totally there!

Catch you on the flip side!

No comments: