Sunday, October 12, 2008

God's Little Princess




Today was a great day in the life of my niece. Last Sunday she decided to walk forward at church because she wanted to be baptised and TODAY was the big day!

Since she spent the night last night, I was awaken at 6am to the shout of "I'm getting baptised today!" Needless to say, there was no going to sleep after that announcement.

My niece admitted that she was a little nervous because we have such a large congregation, but I told her that everyone was going to be so happy for her that she shouldn't be nervous. Thankfully, Pastor Jeff was the one to do her baptism, so she was more focused on us(the family) in the audience rather than the rest of the people in the pews. In fact, my mom made her "princess dress" for today, and Pastor Jeff mentioned that she was dressed like a princess before she changed into the baptism robe.




I'm also happy that our church was able to broadcast over the web so my real Dad in Texas was able to watch her baptism. Pastor Jeff made sure that she waved to them. :)

After church we had a family gathering celebrating her baptism and we had wonderful food, awesome cake, and she opened presents from us.


All in all, it was a wonderful day. I'm very proud of the young lady my niece is becoming--despite all of the obstacles she's had to face. I hope she continues to walk with the Lord and continues to trust Him in all of the decisions she has to make.

I love you cutie pie!

No comments: