Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What is YOUR Accent?

Yup.  I've been surfing again and I came across this "quiz" to determine what type of accent I have.  Having been born in the South and raised in the North, I've tried to adapt to whatever accent happens to be around me at the time.  (On occasion I get into trouble because people think I'm making fun of them, but I come by it honestly--especially when I tried to fit in "up North" where accents were very distinct and crisp as opposed to my "sloppy slang" from the South.)  Here are my results:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
The West
The South
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



Where do you fit in?  What type of accent do you have?

3 comments:

Susanne said...

This was fun; I'm a Midland accent too.

Shea-Shea said...

Ok...So, I tried to do this quiz, but it was too hard!!! They didn't have choices that fit with the sounds that I make when I say those words, so I couldn't figure it out! It probably would have been funny watching me do it though.....saying each word multiple times....sounding out the vowels...lol!

The Dynamic Uno said...

S: Glad to know I'm not the only one with a Midland accent. I've considered taking it again to see if I come out with the same results, but I'm pretty sure it would.

Shea-Shea: I'm so glad I'm not the only one trying to sound out the words out loud. It's a good thing I only have the cat to keep me company because if I had been anywehere else I would have receievd some strange looks. :)