Friday, March 16, 2012

How I Spent My Spring Break

Spring Break is almost over. Booooooo.  What did I do for my Spring Break?  Work.  As usual.

No, really.  I work almost... all. the. time.  Why, you ask?  Because I have to pay the bills is the main answer.  Plus, it also keeps me out of trouble.  When I don't work, I tend to go out and spend more; whereas when I work, I don't have time to go out and about.  Do I ever get tired of working all of the time?  Yes.  In fact, I'm seriously contemplating quitting one of my long-time jobs. 
It's not that I don't love working there, because I really do.  It's just that it's got to be costing them more to keep me on as a part-timer than it is for me to leave.  After all, I only work about 30 days a year, but they let me have 6 season passes, 12 free day tickets, and a 30% discount.  In any case, it's something I'm still thinking about and will be trying to decide before summer hits.

I did get a little bit of a break though.  My friend R and I went to the Renaissance Festival to check out their Wine and Chocolate festival.  By the time we got there though, the wine and chocolate was no longer free.  However, we did have a lot of fun.  R had never been to the festival before so I was really excited to see her reaction to everything.  I'm sure she went home and told her husband about all of the craziness that happened around us. 

First we tried meade--R thinks it's too sweet.  I thought it was okay. 


Then we watched part of a wooing contest.  One of our students played a part so watched a little bit until they started looking for "volunteers."



As we walked around I actually ran into some of my family members.




Then we tried on headbands.



And watched a jousting competition.



Finally, I had my picture taken with Sir Cutie Pie aka "80's Rock Hair God."


What else did I do? I did manage to catch up on the rest of Dexter, Pan-Am, and spent time with Maddie.  Tomorrow I will catch up with a few more friends and celebrate Maddie's birthday.  WooHoo!

No comments: