Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to both of my Dads!




Here is my "real" father, who lives in Abilene, Texas. Dad and I have grown closer over the last few years--forging a father-daughter relationship now that we have both "grown-up" a bit. He's currently in Indiana, getting ready to present at some Technology conference there. I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago, wishing him a Happy Father's Day! :)





Here is my other Dad. (Yes, I have two dads.) If you want to get technical, Ken is really my "step-dad," but he's been there for me through most of my life trials, so I call him Dad too. (My Mom took this picture, so you'll have to excuse our picture...she's still learning how to use a digital camera.) Thank you for everything Ken! I hope you had a great Father's Day!




My family decided to go out to eat at Outback Steakhouse in a growing town close to my grandparents. We were supposed to meet at 11:30 am, but I ended up getting there a little earlier. I went ahead and snagged us a table (good thing too, because they were packed) and tried to wait patiently for everyone else to arrive. (Thankfully I always carry a book with me, so it wasn't too bad.)

My parents arrived at 11:30, but the rest of the family didn't arrive until noon. While we were waiting for everyone else to get there, we decided to order the new Spinach-Artichoke Dip. While the bread dippers could have been a bit crisper, the dip was very cheese and hot, so we didn't mind. It was yummy!

Our server, Dax, was excellent. He made sure our orders were perfect, and despite a little mix-up between tables, everything went really well. (My grandparents didn't even complain, and they complain about almost everything!)

We even ordered dessert....It was as yummy as it looks!

I had a chance to tell Dax that I should get the bill so that we didn't have to have our normal scuffle about who gets the bill...although my grandpa threatened to take off his belt and whip me...I seriously thought he was going to chase me around the restaurant...that would have been funny....but I ran to an empty booth and pulled out the cash before he could catch me. ;)


Overall, I think it was a great Father's day. It's always nice to get out and enjoy spending some time with family--especially when you get to eat good food!




Mom's Birthday Update:
I couldn't say much the other day because I think my Mom pops on here every once in a while and I didn't want to give away her surprise party. Ok, so the term "party" should be used loosely--it was only my aunt, dad, mom, and I, but it was still cheerful. My Dad took my Mom out to eat while my Aunt and I drove over to their house and brought out the cake and presents. Ken called us as they were leaving the restaurant in order to talk with me about "work" on Saturday. As soon as we heard their yard alarm chirp we lit the candles, grabbed the camera and turned off the lights...


Mom was surprised...she thought my aunt was there to get boxes for her move, and that I might have been there to spend the night since I had to be there bright and early the next day...Yippee! It worked! The best part is that my dad planned the whole thing....




OOoooooohhhh! I have a new neighbor!

(I wonder if this qualifies as stalking?)

Hope you have a great week! I'll be back at pH-Farms tomorrow...fertilizing and getting stuff ready for a new zone of trees. Pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

mad4books said...

I love how your grandpa looks like he's practicing his punching!

Sounds like you are having a fun summer so far...and enjoying the view from your apartment window more than the rustic farm scenery you had in Abilene.

:-)