Saturday, June 2, 2007

Thanks Bary!

Here we are two days into Hurricane Season and I'm really sick of the talk about Hurricanes. I mean, let's face it...we live in Florida...it sticks out from North America into the water...storms come by EVERY YEAR...so why is this news? (And people wonder why I don't turn on the TV much....?)

We've had our second named storm--Tropical Storm Bary, which was just recently down-graded to a Tropical Depression. Thanks for all of the much needed rain Bary! Stop back by anytime this summer--we need the water! Of course I say this after it's stopped raining, but the news people keep telling me that now I have to beware of tornadoes because of the pressure in the area--which could be true since my head is going to explode at any moment from pressure. (Yep--I'm a human barometer...more on that at a possible later posting.)

My plans for today--rather than work at the farm today, I have a few movies to watch and a gazillion books to read! (I'm not kidding on the books thing...we had two shipments of new books come in before we left work for the summer, plus I have the Florida Teens Read books to read, plus my Spring Read Thing books, plus LifeWay was having a sale on books the other day, plus all of the books that my friends and family have let me borrow, plus I'm going to join the Summer Reading Challenge...I think. Yikes! I'm already stressed out and I LOVE to read...There went the summer!)

1 comment:

mad4books said...

Talk about your summer being consumed...Kirsten and I are working Summer School again!

ARGH!