Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hakuna Matata!

The Broadway production of The Lion King is in town and we decided to take my niece to the Performing Arts Center to see it. My mom, aunt and I have already seen it once, but this is her first time to see any production at TBPAC, so it was really neat to see her reaction to everything.




The best part is that when the show ended, we went around to the actor's entrance and waited for the performers to come out. My niece managed to get her picture taken with the two performers that played Young Simba (Nicholas Ashe) and Young Nala (Ah-Niyah Neal), as well as my favorite villain--Scar (Timothy Carter)!! (My aunt is madly in love with him, but she was too chicken to get her picture taken with the man, so she'll have to Photoshop herself into the picture someday.)




Ah-Niyah Neal aka Young Nala


Nicholas Ashe aka Young Simba (My niece REALLY thinks he's cute! Just look at those cheeks!)

Timothy Carter aka Scar (This is the man my aunt wants to marry! Aren't his eyes heavenly?!)


All in all, we had a wonderful evening, and my niece is still singing the songs.."Hakuna Matata--"It means no worries... for the rest of our days.....it's our problem-free... philo-so-phy... Hakuna Matata!"




5 comments:

Literary Feline said...

What great fun! I am glad you niece had a wonderful time. It's such a fun musical. It's something she will remember for the rest of her life, no doubt. I saw it in Los Angeles a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

The Dynamic Uno said...

We're at the point now--she wants to take acting lessons. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

My name is Toi.I'm Ah-Niyahs mom.I am so excited that you guys enjoyed the show in Tampa, FL.This is Ah-Niyahs debut role & she is loving every minute of it.Every show is opening night to her.She loves all the people that come out & support the show.After being at the theatre for about 4hrs when she is on,she will stand their & sign every single autograph & take every photo with that million dollar smile.I'm very proud of her & I'm glad she was able to be part of your nieces memorable experience.The show is currently playing in Washington, D.C. until August 24, 2008.Go and check it out.God bless!

The Dynamic Uno said...

Wow! Thanks for stopping by! Hayley (we all) had a wonderful time! Ah-Niyah was very gracious and very mature for her age. I know she'll continue to do well in her career! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job of parenting--and for stopping by!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.