Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall Into Reading 2007



I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to participate in another Reading Challenge, but I have a HUGE pile of books that I need to read, so I figured, why not? Besides, it'll be fun! I promise! Katrina at Callapidder Days is hosting it again, and each Thursday, you can enter to win a new book. See, I told you it would be fun!

Here's my proposed list to read between now (September 23, 2007 and December 21, 2007) and the end of the challenge:

Florida Teens Read List:

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (DONE!)
If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? by Melissa Kantor (DONE!)
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (DONE!)
Black and White by Frank Volponi (DONE!)
Crossing the Wire by Will Hobbs (DONE!)
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (DONE!)
Hit the Road by Caroline B. Cooney (DONE!)
Sleeping freshmen never lie by David Lubar (DONE!)
Sold by Patricia McCormick (DONE!)
Rash by Pete Hautman (DONE!)
Runner by Carl Deuker (DONE!)
The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney (DONE!)
Becoming Chloe by Catherine Ryan Hyde (DONE!)
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (DONE!)
Copper Sun by Sharon Draper (DONE!)

I'll probably add more to this list, but these are the books that I HAVE to read between now and then for my job. (After all, how can I ask my students to read them if I haven't read them myself?)

Come on--sign up--it'll be fun. Maybe we could even read a couple of books together. Let me know if you decide to participate. Then I can add more books to my wish list for Christmas! :)
Happy Reading!

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Great list, Happy Reading :)

Andi said...

Wow...everybody has all these books that I have never heard of. :-)

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm glad you decided to join! Besides, if you have to read the books anyway, you might as well make them part of a challenge, right? Thanks for being part of Fall into Reading!

Becky said...

I love your list. Some of them are my favorite. I absolutely loved Rash by Hautman. And anything Sarah Dessen I love. Sleeping Freshman is very funny :) As is Hit the Road. And I enjoy Scott Westerfeld very much. Anyway, happy reading!!!

Anonymous said...

Love that you are reading the same books as the teens. Happy reading.

Susanne said...

Happy fall reading!

The Dynamic Uno said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I can't wait to see your lists to add to my own list of books I want to read. I'm really excited because I'm keeping it small this time...that way I can expand it later. Happy Reading to all of you!

Much Ado said...

Great list, I'm like you i can't resist a good reading challenge. i am amazed at the amount of books you have read already this year! Happy reading!

Deena Peterson said...

I'll definitely be wanting to read your reviews...I have a teen daughter who might enjoy some of these titles:-)

Tamara said...

SOOO want to hear what you think of your books! LIBRARIAN? You might be my new best friend! You get to spend like a gazillion dollars at the scholastic warehouse sale, NOT FAIR! :0) I so far am LOVING Flush...I am also reading Bud not Buddy...but didn't put that on my list ;)

Anonymous said...

That list looks great! I haven't read much teen literature lately. Perhaps I will take a few ideas from your list!