Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Thanksgiving Vacation

Since this has been my first official weekend since August, I decided to do absolutely "nothing."

Okay, so nothing consisted of pigging out on Thansgiving and then sleeping in on Black Friday. Ha! Online shopping is the BEST! No crowds, no traffic, and it gets delivered to my door! I LOVE my computer Internet connection!!!

I also read a few books and caught up on some of the books that I've been trying to finish.

In addition, I also started to play with my digital scrapbooking a bit. I have Photoshop CS3, but apparently, I needed to buy Photoshop Elements instead--I won't even tell you how many books I've read to try and get the stupid photo bin at the bottom of my screen in Photoshop--which never worked. (Because the Photo Bin is only in Photoshop Elements--ARRRGHHH!) Instead, I've downloaded the free trial of Photoshop Elements 7 and I'm working like a fiend to try and get some layouts done before it expires and then I have to try and figure out how to do the same things in Photoshop CS3. After 2 hours (I was reading How-To Books which actually used Photoshop Elements 5 at the same time...), I finally figured out how to create a simple layout. Here's my very first digital scrapbooking page:


Yes, there are many changes I could make, but for the first one, I don't think it turned out half bad. Now, if only I had a few more days off to get more layouts done--I might actually finish some of my Christmas gifts before Christmas!

Well, Book Fair starts tomorrow--wish me luck--I'm on my own tomorrow. My cohort is on a cruise to the Bahamas--luck duck! :)

No comments: