Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday is for...

thanking God that the Internet connection is fixed! I think I've thanked Him about a million times since it was fixed Friday evening.

In celebration--after church and after finishing my book (The Elevator by Angela Hunt--really good! Setting is here in Tampa during a hurricane!), I decided to play with Photoshop Elements. I'm still fighting with the program to get it to do what I want, but I'm SLOWLY getting it figured out through trial and error. Here's what I came up with today...



The top layers were created by one of the artists at ScrapArtist, so all I had to do was insert the picture, but it took me forever to figure out how to make the picture fit the frame. I finally realized that it was the layers tool. Grrrr... DON'T even ask me how long it took me to get the layers palette to show.

I created a couple more layouts--unfortunately, since they were 2-page spreads it wouldn't let me save them as jpegs. Grrrr.....

What have you been up to lately? I haven't received too many comments, so I'm wondering if I'm only speaking to myself here? Let me hear from you!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Instead of trying to figure out Photoshop, you ought to look at the CM one...I keep making new layouts and they are easy to save and email and whatever...they even offer webinars :-)

mad4books said...

Love Madison's picture!

(You might take Kirsten's advice about CM, though...she's getting amazingly good at it. She even made my Christmas card!)

And no, you aren't talking to yourself here. You know how life gets second semester...INSANE!

Have you read Gaiman's The Graveyard Book yet? You'll love it!

The Dynamic Uno said...

Thanks for trying out CM for me Kirsten. I'll get ahold of Jen soon to order the set--unless you've decided to become a consultant?


I know what you mean by INSANE! The FCAT (TAKS) writing just finished up and now we're getting prepared for the rest of the stesting in a couple of weeks. Then, we'll also get to find out if I keep my job by the end of next month, so I need to continue getting my resume set because I have a sneaking suspicion with budget cuts thatI'll be out looking again for another position. Grrr...

I've seen mixed reviews of The Graveyard, so I haven't picked it up yet. It'll probably turn into a summer read for me.

Thank you both for letting me know that I'm not the only one out here. Hugs from sunny Florida!