Thursday, February 19, 2015

YouTube Thursday

Today is a bittersweet day for me.  My grandmother passed away Monday afternoon and her funeral is today.  I'm excited for her to no longer be in excruciating pain, but I'm also selfish because I still wish she was here--I still have so many things to learn.  I know I'll see her in Heaven within a blink of an eye, but I miss her already.  I thought this song by Matthew West was appropriate for today:

Save a Place for Me





The sweet part is that I will be running the Disney Princess Half Marathon this weekend and I will be leaving for Orlando right after her funeral and burial services.  My grandfather gave me permission to go, so I'm going to do my best so I can make them both proud.  I am sad that my aunt will not be joining me--we had great plans for this trip--but I know she wants to stay with my grandfather to help him cope with this sudden loss. So, if you happen to be at Disney this weekend and see me wandering around, stop by and say hi, I would love to meet you!

No comments: