Sunday, May 29, 2016

Memorial Day Thoughts

After spending today with a Marine Veteran, I started to think about all of the men and women who have sacrificed themselves for us to live in this great nation.  Thankfully, my Marine friend did not lose his life, but the fact that he was willing to die for me (and you) humbles me to the point of being overwhelmed.  The fact that he loved me (even though we had never met until recently) THAT much, someone he didn't even know--to be willing to die for me, completely takes my breath away.  It also reminds me of the love that Christ has for us.  He laid down His life for us so that we could live eternally and with abundance every day.


I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day--remembering all of those who have gone before us and the sacrifices they made so that we can live the lives we have today.  I also hope you will think about Christ's love and sacrifice for you.  That you are humbled to realize that He (and they) loved us to give everything they had.




No comments: