Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday already?

Maybe it's because I built it up so much in my head, or maybe I was excited about the endless possibilities, but so far, Spring Break bites the big one---if you know what I mean? Instead of enjoying the sunshine and soaking up the skin cancer, I've been holed away in my place-working. ("But it's Spring Break!" you reply astonished.--My sediments exactly.) I think the only "fun" things I've done are get my hair cut (way too short-but it'll grow back, right???) and get a pedicure! (My feet are very happy!) Oh well--at least there's TV to keep me company--not that anything special has been on lately.

Yesterday, after my hair was chopped a good four inches and my feet were pampered, I decided to get my taxes done. I know, a HUGE mistake--now my feet are all cramped up and my hair is still sticking out in all directions (or maybe that's because it's short), but in any case, I thought it was a good idea at the time. I've been going to the "green people" for several years now and decided to return yet again this year. After all, having moved from one state to another, I wanted to make sure I filed everything correctly and took every tax deduction I could take legally. Unfortunately, my tax preparer was not very helpful. She insisted that I could not itemize items on my tax return (despite that fact I've been itemizing for years) because I do not own a home. (What does owning your own home have to do with anything?) We went back and forth for quite some time until I finally gave in. "FINE. I WILL NOT TAKE THE DEDUCTIONS THAT I NORMALLY TAKE BECAUSE YOU SAID SO, BUT I NORMALLY GET BACK AT LEAST ANOTHER $1000 IN ADDITION TO WHAT I'M GETTING BACK." My tax preparer obviously wasn't concerned and proceeded to charge me $180 to file. After speaking with my dad, he mentioned that I should have gone to another office and had them review my taxes. Unfortunately, I e-filed so they would have to do an addendum, which he decided would probably be a waste of time this year. The moral of the story: do your taxes yourself--it's A LOT easier and A LOT cheaper. (I certainly will not be visiting the "green people" again.)

One of my dad's friends emailed this video clip from YouTube of the now deceased Crocodile Hunter and this guy who works with Leno.
It's hilarious! Let me know what you think! "Pineapple! Pineapple!"

2 comments:

mad4books said...

YES! This is one of my all-time favorites! PINEAPPLE!

Do you watch _The Office_ on Thursdays? If you do, this one will crack you up:
http://tinyurl.com/yvxpet

And enjoy:
http://tinyurl.com/27plyx

And you'll smile at:
http://tinyurl.com/pman7

Sorry about your taxes. We have to do ours this weekend. DREAD. DREAD.

Kick back and enjoy the rest of your break. It has to be better than getting your car inspected.(In fact, doing NOTHING sounds really good right now.)

:-)

The Dynamic Uno said...

I haven't watched any episodes of "The Office." Thanks for sending the links!