Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Is It Spring Break Yet?

Talk about a crazy couple of weeks! Before I get to what I've been up to, I just have to say that the guy who helped me today at my local Fed-Ex Kinko's spot was hot (in a Shawn McDonald / Jeremy Camp sort of way)! Unfortunately, I think he's still a young'n. Maybe I'll have to go make more copies and find out! Anyone need copies????

I missed the Florida State Fair (again)!! The sad thing is that it was only a couple miles down the road--and I still missed it! Of course it was probably a good thing since I only go to the fair to eat the crazy food creations. This year's crazy fried food was Fried Pepsi. According to several of my students, it was batter saturated with Pepsi and deep fired. Then, as if the grease wasn't bad enough--a bunch of whipped cream was sprayed on top. My parents said that most of the fried Pepsi's ended up in the trash. (If it were Coca-Cola--people would have cleaned their plates.) In any case, if you missed the State Fair--don't fret. The Florida Strawberry Festival is happening right now in Plant City! They have an awesome line-up of concerts (I missed Casting Crowns this weekend), so I'm sure you'll find someone you like amidst all of that Strawberry Shortcake!

This past weekend was also the Luis Palau Festival over at the Bucs' Stadium. It was free to all who went--including the concerts, guest speakers, stunt people, etc. It was a blast for all who went--even though it did pour rain on Saturday evening.

Friday, after finishing up at work, I flew to my second job at Scraptopia to cover for them while they set up for the Expo in Orlando. As I was running into work, my dad calls me and asks if I want to go to the Storm game that evening. I LOVE arena football (probably more than hockey, so of course I jumped at the chance.

As it turns out, he scored us seats at the 25 yard line (think 50 yard line) AND the game was against our biggest competitors--the Orlando Predators. (BOO!HISS!) It was such a blast! Despite the incredibly drunk Orlando fans in front of us (one almost lost his pants due to me almost pulling them down--his underwear was showing anyway...) we had fun screaming at the refs (horrible calls)and cheering for the guys. (Too bad they lost horribly...I'm not even going to post the score--it was that bad.) Our kicker (who just happens to have a brother that plays for the BUCS) was having a rough night. At one point the crowd started booing--and his brother came out of the box and preceeded to gesture at the boo-ers. Since I do not follow the BUCS, my new friend Christy (I hope I spelled her name right) had to inform me that it was our kickers' brother. (Maybe he should have suited up for the Storm that evening.)

In any case--I still had a blast. I made a new friend, and I was able to see some old ones. (I even made it over the Crosstown without it falling apart on me!) So I call it a pretty successful evening. I slept VERY well--only to have to get up to go to work again the next day. (YUCK!)

My friend at work always teases me because I have "no life" and generally go to bed early. I bet she'd be surprised to learn that I wasn't in bed very early Friday night! I also decided that I want to audition to be the mascot for the Storm! Can you imagine? Getting to mess with people and getting away with it!!?? I can do that!!! (I work with kids for a living--it's not a problem!) I'll keep you posted when I find out the dates for auditions.


GOOD NEWS....FCAT IS OVER!!!!! (I won't tell you what we teachers call the FCAT--at least while no students are around--that's a topic for another day.) Even BETTER news...SPRING BREAK is right around the corner.....YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I'm sure you can hear teachers cheering everywhere around the state! (The children are horrible and their parents are even worse! Too bad people don't have to pass a test before they have children--the world would be a better place!)

TTFN...

2 comments:

mad4books said...

Heather! Makin' copies! The Heathster...Heath-a-rama-ding-dong.

(Yes, I know you are too young to remember the Copy Meister on SNL, but I had to do it, anyway.)

I'm so jealous about the strawberries and arena football. (No, seriously! I would really like to go to a game, even though I'm as far from a sports nut as you can get!)

The Dynamic Uno said...

I never watched SNL too often--it was usually the AMC channel--Hitchcock was on at the same time.

The corner fruit stand across the street from my apartment complex has fresh strawberries. I might stop by there tomorrow after work to indulge!

We (the Storm) will be in Dallas on Saturday. Or, you could fly over here for Spring Break and see them play Georgia on St. Patrick's Day! (The crazies will be out!) :)