Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Thief Alert!

I have to say that I'm REALLY PISSED OFF right this minute! Someone broke into my parent's house this afternoon and tried to steal the big screen TV (that happens to be my brother's) and other items from their home...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY! Obviously the thieves are IDIOTS, but I digress...

According to my Mom, the next door neighbor (Martha) called her at work to tell her that someone was trying to get the big screen TV out the back sliding glass door.....(Thankfully after she had called the police)

I guess the two guys decided to park their red Nissan pickup across the street to deflect attention. (As if someone wouldn't notice them carrying a TV across the street.) When they couldn't get the TV in their truck, they decided to leave it in the drive--whereas their crazy neighbors across the street decided that my parents must be trying to get rid of it and decided to try and put it in their house...but that's another story...

Mom said that the thieves ransacked the house--broke open the firesafe box to try and get any valuables there (it was under my dad's desk in the back corner). They took my Mom's good watch (a gift from her work) that was gold and had sapphire and diamond chips around the face of it. The also stole her box of bracelets (some that I had made her when I first started making jewelry) and skipped the expensive costume jewelry, etc.

They went through her bedclothes and were going to take those...then they broke into the gun-safe and stole some of the guns there--and left the cases in my niece's bedroom!

I'm not sure if anything else is gone, but Mom did say that the police-officer said that they probably got in through the window where we have the cat door for Tabby. They took it out and opened the sliding glass door from there...

It's kind of scary to think that this could happen--in the broad daylight to someone. I thank God that no one was home when this happened(especially since they may have had guns since they stole them out of the gun safe)! I also thank God for Martha--that she noticed what was happening so that nothing else went missing! And while I'm still ANGRY over this happening to MY parents, I also thank God that they're safe and still have each other.

As for the thieves, well...we do have part of their tag number. And, I can always pray that justice is done--whether it be through the legal system or through God's way. I know I'm supposed to pray for them, but I'm not there yet. In fact, I'm kind of praying that God has them get into a really bad accident right down the road, that everything they stole is returned, and then they decide to turn their lives around because they're quadriplegics and can do no more harm. (Is that really bad of me to want?) Send your prayers....we need them!

2 comments:

mad4books said...

Dadgum it. This is NOT going to help your mom's stress level...let's hope this sick feeling of intruders doesn't put her back on the floor with another case of vertigo.

Here's hoping God sees justice done...that stolen items are returned and thieves punished, as they should be. I'll pray for your mom tonight!

The Dynamic Uno said...

Yes..I spoke to Martha by phone when she made it back home and she mentioned that Mom wasn't feeling so well. When I spoke to Ken last night, he seemed VERY tired and frustrated. He was trying to go through the paperwork for the guns to figure out what was stolen, etc.

Grrrrrrr.....