Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hmmmm....

Happy Anniversary Judy and Harold!

(I don't have a picture of the two of you, so I can't post it.)



In other news, my cousin Rebekah, is getting married tomorrow in Kentucky. So, if you happen to be near the Train Depot in Bowling Green (?) around 8 pm, stop by and cheer her on!
Congratulations you two!



I have to admit, I'm going to be working the Howl-o-Scream event at BG during the months of August through November 1. I'm not quite sure what to make of how I feel about working an event that is quite blatantly dealing with the horrors of Halloween and the evils that lurk during that time period. Yes, I know that it's all fake, but the rumors I've heard is that there are some people (who actually work in the houses) that actually feel like it's Halloween year-round. We're talking surgically attached FANGS here people!

Needless to say, while I used to enjoy reaping the benefits of a pillowcase full of candy on Halloween when I was younger, working around these "characters" while trying to maintain my "cool" is going to be very challenging.

I love to read about vampires, etc. as characters in books, but with reading, I am able to censor the images my brain receives so things do not appear to be as bad as the author probably intended. However, I am a very visual person. Seeing these people in full make-up every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings during the actual HOS event is going to "get" to me. I've already had nightmares, and that's with the dinky signs they've put up around BG as advertisements.

I know--someone is probably going to ask--why am I working it then? I started out working in the finance offices this summer part-time with the expectation that I would work HOS, and then return to the offices at the end of the run. I already told them that I would work the event, and I can no longer back-out gracefully without endangering my ability to go back to the offices and work. So you see--I'm going to need your prayers during the months of September and October--that I am able to sleep through the night and can continue to maintain my work ethics during this time. THANK YOU!!!!

Well, I have a meeting this evening--kind of like an Orientation--so I'll actually get to see some of the people working this event. Yippee.

No comments: